funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 21:13:15 -0500

On 2/6/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
Nothing wrong with that. In England, we have First Class Post and Second
Class Post. We also have a Bulk post rate, and a bulk sorted post rate,
and oodles of others.

This is a step twoards the system I've been advocating. An economics
solution to an economics problem.

SO, I have to go through the same filters that are in place today, but
I can pay to sidestep these if I want to. Which is basically me
admitting that my message is Spam, and would be caught in your filters
(which are getting better all the time IMO).

Just sounds like a way for AOL/Yahoo to make money off their users
spare time, while delivering them more stuff they dont want and
degrading the service (and quality of emails) received. Guess you get
what you pay for with a free email account.

-JP (writing from his free email account, that has pretty good spam
filters... except for Russian language spam)