funsec mailing list archives

Re: our jabber - where are YOU?

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:08:24 -0800

On 11/16/05, Young, Keith <Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov> wrote:

On 15 Nov 2005, at 5:15, Paul Vixie wrote:

i've created your login manually.  most jabber clients have a
"create my
account for me" checkbox somewhere in the login UI.  i thought that
included
adium.  anyway i'll send you your initial password under separate
cover.

So, could you do this for me, too? I fear you're on your way to
becoming an unpaid worker for server regs...

So that I am also not asking Paul for help, anyone have luck with
getting Gaim to register and/or login?

Yes, I used Gaim to get on the night before last.  I was going to
install PSI but I needed the QT files first and wasn't in the mood to
screw around.  it was late..

So I used Gaim which was came with my install...  ;p  And it worked well.

Just remember when you add the information and enter your user pass,
before you click connect, you want to click Register so it makes your
account.

Then you can sign on.

Lemme know if you need any more information about it and I'll try to
help my best.

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services