funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:59:32 +0200

Drsolly wrote:
Because it doesn't scale in this case.

No, it scales just fine. Think, for example, about the Ebay trust system. That scaled just fine.

No. It doesn't scale just fine.

You will not allow to start sharing and see who is good and who is bad and let people vote on it.

You need to do.. DO.. vetting on thousands of people.

How do you scale it?

I don't need to do vetting on thousands of people. All I need to do, is trust a group of people, who each trust a group of people, and so on. If someone betrays that trust, they soon get found out and ejected (it's happened). It scales just fine.

So does printing money or keeping gold in your own borders.

Lack of understanding in economics.