funsec mailing list archives

Re: Get your computer viruses here!

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 02:06:23 +1300

val smith top-posting to Dr Solly:

I'd really like to meet this McNasty person, he sounds like quite a guy.

Ill say again, you might as well send google the same emails you are sending
me since Mr. McNasty (related to mcdonald maybe?) can do the same thing with
google.

Listen to yourself...

"It can be done over there, so it's OK for me to do it."

You would appear to not have any typically adult ethical and moral
reasoning capabilities.

This is NOT, as you incorrectly characterized it in one of your
replies, a personal attack.  Just go read the (section of the) chapter
in _any_ intro-Psychology text on the development of ethical and moral
reasoning.  Your "argument" above does not even get into the double-
digit age range.  Such an argument shows a severe lack of ethical
reasoning ability relative to normal adults.  Don't be too upset -- a
small number of folk (anecdotally though, it seems to me that a
disproportionate rate of these exist within CompSci and related
disciplines) have such arrested ethical reasoning development, but they
certainly should not be allowed to make decisions of the kind you are
making in setting up your site as their arrested development prevents
them from making good ethical decisions and that is clearly what is at
issue here.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald