Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: No anti-virus software? No internet connection

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:56:04 +0200

I completely agree with Tom. A good fraction of all vulns out there rely on
the user taking the wrong action, and it's way common (just face the truth).

How many people install cracked OSes? I was once incredulous that a person
willingly installed a virus because he claimed it was harmless (while the
anti-virus shouted "trojan").

Sometimes I get to fix people's computers. I'm always amazed by the amount
of crap I get in contact with.  Hundreds of browser toolbars, antiviruses,
shareware, adware, trials, torrent clients, media players etc.
That not counting the local IT shops which format PCs replacing (typically)
Windows OS with a cracked one.