Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FD / lists.grok.org - bad SSL cert

From: "Gary Wilson" <dragon () dragons org uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:04:10 -0000 (GMT)

On Mon, January 5, 2009 19:01, James Matthews wrote:
SSL certs cost money. This one works the same. etc..

Well whilst I agree the self generated ones or whatever work well, I find
it amusing that a _security_ based list is using one, and then expects
people in the security industry to blindly accept or add exceptions for it
- my irony alarm is going overtime at that one.  I certainly wouldn't add
an exception, as it's not a trusted website to me.  I'm sure others would
see it the same.

Doesn't matter now, as I'm unsubbed via the mail method, because FD just
has too much noise-signal these days.

--
   /           Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480            \
 .'(_.------.  e: dragon () northernscum org uk MSN: dragonv480   .------._)`.