Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SSH brute force blocking tool

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:27:24 -0500

Tavis Ormandy wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by modification, I simply subsituted the name
for the logfile I use.

Thanks, Tavis.

So for the third time now. Explain to me how I am backdooring someone's system.

[root@localhost include]# uname -a
Linux int-mrkt 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5 #1 Sat Oct 14 16:59:26 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux [root@localhost include]# awk '/error retrieving/{getline;print $13}' /var/log/secure|sort -ru
222.171.20.252
211.137.74.58

My logs parse out addresses not named and there is no redirection going on. If you want to say "Hey... It should be written as such" then gladly do so. But posting "hey you're backdooring the planet" like a jackass is moronic. Line by line on my machines it does what it needs to do and it does so just fine. Did you see any notes of Gentoo on the comments? I didn't because I don't use it, never have, don't care to. So if it does something different on Gentoo, let's use the brain for a moment... "Gee this works horrible on Gentoo. The author is a shitty writer... I think I should let him know" as opposed to "Oh my gawd he's backdooring you".

--
J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743