Full Disclosure mailing list archives

SSH brute force blocking tool

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:22:10 -0500

For those interested, I wrote a program called Sharpener which is an SSH brute force blocking tool that also reports back the offenders' addresses. I have begun posting the information on the attackers as well as sending out messages (whenever possible) to the admins of these domains. Think of it as an RBL for SSH attackers. The goal is to identify these machines in order for others to implement safeguards (ACL's) against these hosts. Feel free to comment/complain.

http://www.infiltrated.net/sharpener (tool)
http://www.infiltrated.net/bruteforcers (offenders)

--
J. Oquendo