Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE7 Zero Day

From: n3td3v <n3td3v () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 17:43:35 +0100

On 5/5/06, 0x80 () hush ai <0x80 () hush ai> wrote:
Yes, this is a beta product but I have reason to believe that this
issue will not be discovered of fixed by M$ before it goes to gold.
Why do I believe this?  Because the issue is found in IE 6 but
doesnt seem to exploit.  Not saying it is not exploitable I am
saying that I cant make it exploit.

I work as a pizza delivery driver at night and work part time
landscaping in my days.  So I feel it is only fair that I be
compensated for this vulnerability.

Highest bidder that can convince me that you will actually pay
wins.

Have you e-mailed secure () microsoft com and asked them if they want to
make an offer? I know they've done private deals with security
researchers in the past, and trust me, they were offered a lot more
money than any of the folks on FD will ever offer you. Plus, don't
assume Microsoft are reading FD all the time to hear about your
illegal auction. I think its in your best interest to e-mail
secure () microsoft com.

Unless:

1) You don't want to make as much money as you could by offering
Microsoft to buy your vulnerability in private.

2) You want to be held responsible for selling an exploit which leads
to a major incident, worm, virus outrage.

3) Microsoft just contact the FBI and get your actual home address
from your e-mail server logs because you didn't initially offer
Microsoft to buy the exploit, and you end up getting arrested.

I didn't say give Microsoft the vulnerability for free, I'm just
saying personally e-mail them and ask them to by your vulnerability,
you might be suprised how friendly they are and the offer they make
you.

Its for the best, you know it makes sense.

Regards,

n3td3v

Respond by calling me a faggot if you want, I was just thinking of
your best interests financially, and I don't want to see folks get
locked up for researching bugs they want people to buy. The best and
most legal people to ask to buy your vulnerability is Microsoft. If
they say no, then fair play, come back to FD and rant your B*S to the
list, but give it a try.