Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: HTTP AUTH BASIC monowall.

From: Jeremy Bishop <requiem () praetor org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:39:57 -0800

On Monday 13 March 2006 15:17, Lyal Collins wrote:
Yup, that's right: All PKI authentication is only as good as the
passwords protecting private keys where such passwords exist, and the
complementary endpoint security controls.

<snip>

I thought you might be meaning something like that.  I would say that
these problems are out of scope for a discussion of secure
communication protocols.  E.g. Alice is considered synonymous with her
computer.  Once you open up the possibility that Alice (or Bob) have
been hacked, there's no real point to discussing how to secure her
communications.  But in a more pedantic sense, yes, you are correct.

Jeremy

--
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact,
every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a god;