Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Third issue of the Zone-H Comics

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, bkfsec wrote:

n3td3v wrote:

Why are you on the Full Disclosure mailing list again?

To offer single sided right winged Hitlerish views of his personal Nirvana
of what security should be knowing little about it.

You do realize that the concept of Full Disclosure includes analyzing
defacement sites and that there is, in fact, a legitimate reason to have
that archive available, right?

I recall when Attrition was in their "Heyday" and some issues they ran
into archiving defaced sites. I also take note of the dual edged sword
regarding displaying defacements. Take into account the actions (or
alleged actions) of John Vranesevich former kiddiot at AntiOnline now on
the UnEmploymentLine or wherever he is. It was alleged he ended up paying
his kiddiotic friends to deface sites so he could whore a story. This can
be corroborated by others who've been around for some time.

If the Secret Service or the FBI or whoever were to commit "war" on this
type of act, the next thing is crime dramas, books on criminal activity
and history, and other such materials.

Agencies in the US only take note when its to their benefit. I could track
down some of these idiots within minutes. Agencies only do so when it
suits their agendas. "Gee we need more money in our budget. I know, let's
go arrest little hax0r_X_f00_f00_f00 and implement a cybersecurity
department in our town!"

Why do you, n3td3v, hate freedom?  Why do you, like so many unthinking
people, personally rail against your own best interests?  Do you
honestly believe that site defacements would just go away if archive
sites didn't exist?  Please... spare us that line of (un)thought.

                   -bkfsec

Likely because his profile indicates he is trying to speak outside of his
experience range. He seems to be trying to fish for an angle... "If I say
this people with think I'm jolly krad!". Of all the posts I've read
concerning this matter he seems to be stuck on clueless trying to get a
shoe on which won't fit. Instead of waisting his time rambling on about
the political aspects of "security" he should be perhaps getting a clue on
it before sticking his foot down his throat.

J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x97B43D89
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x97B43D89

"Just one more time for the sake of sanity tell me why
 explain the gravity that drove you to this..." Assemblage