Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: client - server

From: "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway expertworks net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:47:34 +0530

I mean:

Looks like some thing else is being used over here

- a simple ip check doesn't work with dynamic addresses...

yes

- cookies can be deleted

Yes

- computer name can be changed

They cannot get your host name / domain name untill u or your isp have setup
the rdns names or u are setting up some kind of domain names....

- mac address can be changed (even I wasn't able to, because I
have a usb dsl
modem and I cannot change its MAC working with regedit or
using tools like smac )

U don't need to change all this because the website cannot see you mac
address unless u are in the same network segment

Anything else ?
How the hell do they recognize me ?

I think they do not recognise you but they have simply banned the whole
class C / B where u live on the net - nothing to guess this way ...

Matteo Giannone

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html