Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: client - server

From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:40:53 -0500

What is the game?  Perhaps they are blocking you by an internal
User/Player ID number.

I know that's how "effective" blocking is done in CounterStrike:Source.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:49:01 +0100, Matteo Giannone <rebonzo () libero it> wrote:
It is impossible that they banned a block of addresses of my ISP, because that
is a webserver where you "play games": most of the people playing games there
use my same ISP and also live near me.

I am sure that my IP address changes in couple of hours after disconnections.

I deleted cookies, changed computer name, used different browsers....
ActiveX controls are disabled by default on Internet explorer.

I really don't understand how they can ban me.

Are you all sure they cannot know my MAC address? I think they know it when I
connect to the server (i remember something of TCP/IP stack and
encapsulation/decapsulation)....

Most likely they might have blocked the entire pool of IP belonging to
your ISP try to visit the website with a proxy server