Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: complaints about the governemnt spying!

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:31:02 -0600

--On December 30, 2005 8:12:10 PM +1100 Dave Horsfall <dave () horsfall org> wrote:

In the meantime, perhaps some, umm, US patriot could tell me who authored
these particular aphorisms:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood
of  patriots and tyrants."

"The Tree of Islam has to be watered with the blood of martyrs."

I'm having trouble seeing the difference.

I'm not surprised.  A lot of people have trouble seeing the difference.

It's really quite simple, actually.

The former dies because he has something worth fighting for. He tried very hard to survive, but it didn't work out that way, but he wanted to do what he could to make sure his children can live in peace.

The latter dies because he has nothing worth living for. He tries hard to kill as many others as he can on his way out, and prays with his last breath that his children will also commit suicide because he's convinced they too have nothing worth living for.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member