Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Where to submit a suspected trojan or virus?

From: Scenobro <scenobro () tiscali it>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 06:00:27 +0200

I found an explorer.exe in my system32 folder which I believe take precedence over the real explorer.exe located in c:\windows. It's a 92K file that seems to be a visual basic program. Among the strings contained in it there is a "C:\TestDL.exe" which I didn't find on my disk and a url "http://www.getupdate.com/TestDownload.exe"; which does't exists. (the home page of that site is a textfile containing only "SB2").
I sent the file to virustotal.com and they found nothing.
Where I can send this file for analysis?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html