Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Avoiding traceability (was: Calculating Loss)

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:15:13 -0500

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 12:42, Gary E. Miller wrote:
If you convert your pringles can properly it should work from your bedroom
window as well. :-)

lol.... yeah, I saw that one coming....

Go ahead and use your home internet conenction if you must.  Just be
carefull who you annoy enough to track you down.  If the Feds supect
you they can get a warrant and tap your line.

Agreed. The mobility of (mis)using wireless networks helps evading
profiling and taps.

Do not expect any
encryption to be a protection, the Feds say they have never been stumped
by encryption.

Right, but (not including weak and breakable encryption) isn't that
because they can get the keys through other means? (as in physical
access, including planting hardware or software keyloggers [Scarfo])

Anyhow, probably drifting off topic now. I concede that there are
definitely advantages that unsecured wireless connections offer in term
of becoming untraceable (and complete decoupling of all things
physical). But I still believe that open proxies are easier and more
convenient to use.

Regards,
Frank

PS: Not that I do these things of course.... perhaps a real blackhat or
two that do hack anonymously can speak up and tell us what they use to
anonymize themselves.