Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Psexec on *NIX

From: "Ian Latter" <Ian.Latter () mq edu au>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 09:25:30 +1000

the ssh daemon?  Why would I do that with anything?  It just doesn't
make sense.

"Why would a 6foot wookie, live on Endoor!?  It - does not - make - sense!"

I don't want central mangement. I don't want web applications.  I want
to be able to walk into a network with my laptop that I've never before
seen, and execute any program on any windows system of my choice.
(That I've got access to, of course).  Going physically to the computer
to install something takes more time and energy than what is needed; so
does using RDP or VNC to do the same.

  I can see what you want to do and why ... and it looks nasty.  However,
I'd never used psexec before (knew of it, as it comes with every second
W32worm, but never needed to use it) so I've enjoyed reading about its
little service installation.  I am surprised that there is no Linux version ..
and source code seems hard to come by, so I thought I'd forward you the
links that I found;

  http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/I-N/network/remoteinvocation/article.php/c5433/
  http://www.ntkernel.com/articles/psexec.shtml

  I haven't had a look at that xCmd source ... but if you do make a Linux
version I'd say there'd be a lot of interest -- just based on what I've seen
reading around.

--
Ian Latter
Internet and Networking Security Officer

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html