Full Disclosure mailing list archives

problem with stepping stones.

From: jqxin () iastate edu
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:43:37 -0500 (CDT)

hi. We are doing some stepping stone detection. During the experiment, we
ran into a problem. Starting from machine A(fedora), we connect to machine
B(rd8) by using smb exploit code. Then, we connect to machine C(windows
2000) by using RPC exploid code from machine B. Now, the connection path
is A-B-C. Next, we tried to ftp some files to machine C by using the
windows shell we got. Once it entered ftp mode (I mean after input the
password). It just hung there. We can not exit ftp. The whole connection
just froze.
Is it possible related to different shells or something else? Thanks very
much for your suggestion.

wishes,

xin

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.