Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Caveat Lector: Beastie Boys Evil]

From: Szilveszter Adam <adam () nhh hu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:01:24 +0200

Fetch, Brandon wrote:

Similarly - what's to keep someone from using their digital out form their
home audio equipment to send the bits to their digital in on their computer?

Viola!  'Correct' digital bit stream that is now on the PC to do with as
they wish.

I haven't verified this but would presume the data stream to be 'pure' and
not protected in any way.  Can someone correct me?

I think they have already thought of that. The name Macrovision also rings a bell here (although it is a different system than on VCRs naturally)

Regards,
Sz.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html