Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [Fwd: Caveat Lector: Beastie Boys Evil]

From: "Arjan Hulsebos" <ahulsebos () wolfpack nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:00:38 +0200

The sad part about this entire topic is the futility of attempting to copy
protect in the first place. So they install some software and Mac and
Win... then some Linux kiddie rips the CD and puts it on P2P and it's out
now for the whole world. All it takes is one person to break it and it's
all over. What a waste of resources trying to protect it.

Or even the mere fact that if I can play a "protected" CD on a device that
has a "line out", I can feed that into the sound card of my PC. Granted,
there's some loss there, but not a whole lot, I'd reckon.

Choosing the right [IOS] image is almost an NP-complete problem even with
feature navigator!
                                           -- Priscilla Oppenheimer
dr. Arjan Hulsebos
Security Engineer