Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Caveat Lector: Beastie Boys Evil]

From: "Aditya, ALD [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:33:43 +0530

It seems that Capitol Records has some sort of new copy protection
system, that automatically, silently, installs "helpful" copy protection
software on MacOS and Windows as soon as you insert the CD into default

this is why all my systems have autorun turned off - even linux ones

permission sounds like viral malware behaviour to me. I certainly hope
the AV companies put signatures into their products for this crap.

please do send a sample to the ad-aware people they will surely deal with this more effectivly

They include some sort of uninstaller buried on there for Windows

does it reeally work or is it just some dummy progressbar the goes from 0 to 100% ?

-aditya

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
éb½êÞvë"žaxZÞx÷«²‰Ú”Gb¶*'¡óŠ[kj¯ðÃæj)m­ªÿr‰ÿ

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html