Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: List of worm and trojan files

From: "ALD, Aditya, Aditya Lalit Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway expertworks net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:48:52 +0530

destroyed, so there is no help there.  I was hoping to
find a list of illegitimate files for which I could check.

This is a very likely thing that the trojan installed had the default
filenames changed..... So doing this may be of no use and you might be just
be wasting the time. You should be checking the startup entries in the reg,
startup and other palces. See what services are starting up automatically
and porcs that are normally followed while tacking any new and unknown virus

Hope I have pointed you in the right direction....

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html