Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: List of worm and trojan files

From: "Carilda A Thomas" <cat () the-cat com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:22:44 -0500

Perhaps I should clarify about this list thing: A friend of mine is apparently running a rogue email server and a rogue ftp server, and none of the virus checkers we have tried will determine what program or where. I looked for a windows equivalent to lsof but there doesn't appear to be one - the one I found can only determine the program if it sees a packet go by and cannot find a quiescent program. The A/V checkers do not flag an email server, considering it a legitimate program. Task manager is also destroyed, so there is no help there. I was hoping to find a list of illegitimate files for which I could check.

Thanks to those who sent advice and assistance.

CAT

-----
Friends don't let friends use Microsoft...
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html