Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: List of worm and trojan files

From: Matt McCormack <matt () systemlinux net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:48:24 +1100

Cat,
Do you mean the list of filenames used by worms and trojans over the past XX years?? I'm not sure what benefit you would obtain considering they range from random filenames to system file names. As far as obtaining such a list goes, you may have to go to Virus Bulletin (or an AV-vendor site), do a search for 'Win32" or 'W32' (depending on the AV-Vendor) and go through all the results checking the names... alot of work. If you meant the names Worms and Trojans have been *given* over the last XX years, you could use the same method- and it would be much less painful than the aformentioned.

Matt

Carilda A Thomas wrote:
I have been looking but I cannot find a list all in one place of the various illegitimate files that various worms and trojans install into Microsoft systems. Does anyone know of such a list or is it necessary to go to some AV vendor's site and look up the malwares one by one?

Thanks.

CAT

-----
Friends don't let friends use Microsoft...
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html