Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Lun_mountd.c vs mounty.c

From: Person <devon () meatpuppet lithiumnode com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

It astounds me that so many people on this list (well, two) use the full
disclosure ethic as an excuse to oblige programmers to give up our privacy
rights and divulge all their code to a group of strangers.

Can you *seriously* not see the problem with someone taking credit for
someone else's work?  That is just exquisite bullshit, regardless of the
nature of the code itself, or with whom it was initially shared.

Tobias was right on the money to take issue with this, and some of you
need to back off and let talented hackers claim a little due credit and
take pride in their work once in a while.

[t]