Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OT: An odd question that has arrisen withinmy household

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () nuclearelephant com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:54:36 -0400

an·ti·so·cial
adj.
1) Shunning the society of others; not sociable.
2) Hostile to or disruptive of the established social order; marked by or
engaging in behavior that violates accepted mores: gangs engaging in
vandalism and other antisocial behavior.
3) Antagonistic toward or disrespectful of others; rude.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition

Dictionaries use what the current accepted meanings are.  I think this
is incorrect.  IMAO, what you've described is non-social, not
anti-social.  Anti-social to me involves specifically attempting to
damage society (as my example, which wasn't intended to be offensive).

But c'est la vie...if society wants to use the term loosely that's their
business.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html