Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Student faces suit over key to CD locks

From: "Jonathan Grotegut" <jgrotegut () directpointe com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:20:08 -0600

<snip>

On Thursday, SunnComm CEO Peter Jacobs said the company plans legal
action and is considering both criminal and civil suits. He said it may
charge the student with maligning the company's reputation and,
possibly, with violating copyright law that bans the distribution of
tools for breaking through digital piracy safeguards.

<snip>

Correct me if I'm wrong but how is holding down the shift key
"distributing tools for breaking through digital piracy safeguards"?
Shouldn't the keyboard manufacturers be sued since they are the ones
that made the "shift" key and distributed it?

Jonathan

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html