Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Student faces suit over key to CD locks

From: "morning_wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:48:50 +0530

In his paper, published on the Princeton Web site on Monday, the student
explained that the SunnComm technique relies on installing antipiracy
software directly from the protected CD itself. However, this can be
prevented by stopping Microsoft Windows' "auto-run" feature. That can be
done simply by pushing the Shift key as the CD loads.

Do not news.com.com, theregister.co.uk, full-disclosure,  Richard M.
Smith, me and everyone simply by citing these articles violate the DMCA?
Actually, I don't have to read the student's paper anymore to learn how
to "circumvent" SunnComm's audio CD protection - reading some news
report about the issue suffices.

lmfao, perfectly stated, and neither do a another billion people who will
read, or heaven forbid hear it on the radio or see it on tv..
the information is now in the "public domain"... being exactly told the
method
of circumvention in the media / news description and subsequent "article"..

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/10/08/bmg.protection.reut/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=suncomm+shift+key&btnG=Google+Search

LOOOOOL rofl HAAHHAHAHa

Donnie Werner