Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Destroying PCs remotely?

From: "Bernie, CTA" <cta () hcsin net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:08:37 -0400

This is Childs play... Why not just fry the Flash!  That is,
given that most if not all computers use FLASH BIOS these days.
I could visualize that a well crafted puppy (Trojan) (i think 20
to 40 bytes should do the trick) can be sent to the target
machine to erase/program the Flash to zip, keep Vpgm constant
until fried to a golden brown, or better yet, program it to play
that annoying Barney Song in beeps.