Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: GUNINSKI THE SELF-PROMOTER

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:40:30 +0300

dhtml () hush com wrote:

Its reasoning goes like this: Mistakes in programming are inevitable,

So they have realized they will be running insecure warez till the end of their time :)

The motivations vary for publishing exploit code. Guninski, for example,
 is an unabashed self-promoter.

"He's looking for work in the security area, so he's looking to establish
his reputation by finding security holes," Smith said. "He definitely
publishes exploit code. He's been doing that since Day One, and definitely
some of the exploit code has ended up in some viruses."

This is just plain wrong.
I don't care about publicity at all.
m$ pays for advertisements for buggyware, not me.
When/If the time comes, I will post anonymously with the same or greater pleasure :)
rm -rf smith: will you feel better when I post anonymously? :)

georgi

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html