IDS mailing list archives

Re: To test IPS/IDS box.

From: "Jamie Riden" <jamie.riden () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 18:10:58 +0100

Try to break into the network (make sure you have explicit permission
first!) and see if it stops you, or alerts. Have a play with nessus,
nmap and metasploit for example.

I wouldn't actually go as far as attempting to infect the network with
a virus- if it did work then you would have serious problems. You
could try it on a completely isolated test network.

cheers,
 Jamie