IDS mailing list archives

AW: IDS

From: "Barthel, Frank" <Frank.Barthel () t-systems com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:20:13 +0200

Hi

this is not a function of an IDS.
There are several tools which can check if the client is compliant.

Look at Cisco NAC or McAfee ePO with MPE.
These are implementations that first put the client in a quarantine VLAN, then check the client and push the needed
updates to the client.
After that, the port of the switch (NAC) or the desktop-firewall-policy (MPE) will grant the network access.

Regards

Frank