IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS

From: Joel M Snyder <Joel.Snyder () Opus1 COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:08:21 -0700

There's some useful information out of the Interop Labs testing of NAC (specifically looking at interoperable NAC, rather than proprietary NAC) at:

        http://www.opus1.com/nac

It also contains links to my overview of NAC technologies from Network World and a published report on the results of interoperability testing.

We're going to re-do a lot of that testing and work in New York if anyone is planning on attending Interop this September. Hopefully we'll have more interesting results from more interesting products.

There's also an article I didn't point to from that page because it's more editorial in nature that discusses the devil's advocate view of NAC at:

        http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2006/061206snyder.html

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.