IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS

From: Dhruv Soi <dhruv_ymca () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 03:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

This is not the function of IDS. It can only display
you alerts for the malicious traffic that pass through
IDS. You better think about some VA tool like
Nessus/GFI/ISS/Foundscan etc.

You can even explore some Vulnerability Management
tool that would be lil automated and administrator
need not to scan the network manually everytime. I
have never tried this product, so don't know how
effective is that.

But yes, If you want to enforce security policies and
complance to patches for the remote users entering
your network via VPN, then you can explore
CybergateKeeper
[http://www.infoexpress.com/security_products/remote_access_overview.php]

Cheers,
Dhruv