IDS mailing list archives

Re: session logging IDS

From: "Andy Cuff" <talisker () securitywizardry com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:15:09 +0100

Hi
Intrusion's SecureNetPro http://securitywizardry.com/N_ids.htm#SNP certainly
used to do an excellent job of Session Monitoring where each thread was
displayed separately on their Linux Console, I remember it being handy for
checking content of traffic to hotmail etc.

They don't seem to push their Linux Console very much at all, in fact their
marketing as a whole is poor, the bonus is they offer good value for money
as an IDS (IMHO).  Recently I have seen a signature for session logging,
which doesn't require an alert to fire.  Also they have Traffic Analysis
scripts that will allow you to use the IDS for NetFlow data.

What we could do with is an Intrusion employee to give us the low down on
it's session logging capabilities.

-andy cuff
Talisker's Computer Security Portal
Computer Network Defence Ltd