IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snort

From: "Alex Butcher, ISC/ISYS" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:43:53 +0100

--On 30 September 2004 20:35 -0400 Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com> wrote:

Just one note from me.  If you're going to only pay attention to
priority 1 events then you need to tune the priorities on your rules  for
your environment.

Quite correct, Marty (unsurprisingly!). Incidentally, by 'report on ' I was meaning 'send email about' or similar. It's good practice, IMHO, to log *everything* (albeit thresholded, maybe) for later analysis of events.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.