IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS Opinions

From: fr0ck9 <fr0ck9 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

Of the ones you have mentioned, Dragon has been the
best in my experience.  Both in detection and false
positives.  If you have not looked at it, Network
Associate's Intrushield is worth a look too.

Rather than just a packet grepping IDS, it is stateful
and performs multiple matches.  It also had more
protocol anomaly detection than Symantec and a
learning statistical anomaly algorithm.