IDS mailing list archives

RE: Is IDS/IPS worthless?

From: "Duston Sickler" <dustons () charter net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:03:26 -0600

Don't think you need an IDS/IPS solution?  Have a pen test done and then try
to put a cost on the data they retrieve from your network.  Better yet after
they penetrate your network have your IT team try to go back and detect the
break in.

Most businesses the have any customer data or financial data need IDS/IPS if
for nothing else then to not have to watch the news to find out if they have
had a breach or get a phone call from a hacker who wants money not to go to
the press/investors.

Duston Sickler
CompTIA A+ Certified
"Cedo Nilli"