IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS is dead, etc

From: Tom Arseneault <TArseneault () counterpane com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:56:31 -0700

My $.02 worth...

Any particular Nimda attack if your patched does'nt mean anything, however
if the volumn of attacks rise sharply in a short time period it's time to
research as to why is going up: are you the only one seeing it? Is it a
general rise in volumn for the Internet as a whole? Is part of a signature
of some new vulnerability? That is why you care even if your patched.

Thomas J. Arseneault
Security Engineer
Counterpane Internet Security
tarseneault () counterpane com