IDS mailing list archives

Database HIPS/HIDS

From: "Fergus Brooks" <fergusb () evolve-online com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:18:09 +0800

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me about good products & practices for analysing
specifically database traffic for threats and potentially acting on
them? I am interested in all major database products and platforms.

Asides from the standard HIDS offerings. For this assume that users on
the same network as the database/s in question are not trusted.

Thanks and regards...

Fergus Brooks - Senior Security Consultant
Evolution Security Systems Asia
fergusb at evolve-online dot com
www.evolve-online.com

___

Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications
medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security
when e-mailing us.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner,
VA; the world’s premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6 Visit: www.blackhat.com