Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall best practices

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:17:08 -0500

MILAN, SANDY (ATTSI) wrote:
We need to continue to allow these types of questions so
> that the next generations of security professionals are
> educated by those in the know.

That's why some of us have answered those same questions
a thousand times. They are important questions, and we
respect them. On the flip side, each time we do, we confront
how little progress information security has made in the
course of all these years. And thus, new curmudgeons are
minted to replace the old ones as they retire, move into
academia, or explode in frustration.

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum         CSO, Tenable Network Security, Inc.
                        http://www.tenablesecurity.com