Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SCADA (or: How I learned to love receiving FWW in digest form)

From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:26:52 -0500

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Paul D. Robertson <paul () compuwar net> wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Brian Loe wrote:

That's where the "homeland security" group of morons should be
applying their energies - creating regulations for how and what can be
connected to the country's power grid that we are ALL dependent on.

Is that *REALLY* who you want drafting computer security regulations?
"Please take off your shoes prior to booting Server 2008...."

Paul

Of course not - but if not them, what other group of morons would you
have do it? This is one area where I think it could work, however,
after all any group could so long as they reach out to non-morons for
help.

I wouldn't say the same about, for instance, health care or automobile
manufacturing. :)

I believe the FBI has some talented folks and this would be a
legitimate exercise for them...right?