Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SCADA (or: How I learned to love receiving FWW in digest form)

From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:20:02 -0500

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:44 PM, ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net> wrote:
Well and if your SCADA network runs across thousands of sites, how secure will it
be if the systems itself are vulnerable? ;-) Even if there is no *known* internet
or modem link.. And you do not really know if some remote location uses some provider's
MPLS without applying own tunneling and if that MPLS gets compromised because some
youngsters hacked the provider network. Or if someone decides to use a wifi
link because it takes some time to make a cable link across two buildings and he'd like
to get the thing working now.. etc etc..

That's where the "homeland security" group of morons should be
applying their energies - creating regulations for how and what can be
connected to the country's power grid that we are ALL dependent on.