Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The home user problem returns

From: "Sanford Reed" <sanford.reed () cox net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:01:52 -0400

Let's see, can we compare this to something else say the disaster that
befell a certain southern US region.

How long did the locals and the US Army Corps of Engineers rant that the
next 'big' Hurricane would cause mass destruction and total flooding in New
Orleans? Was it something like 10 years and how long did Congress and others
ignore them? I'm guessing about 10 yrs. I think the message has finally
gotten thru and I think it takes a similar level of 'pain' on the individual
level to get thru to the end users.

BUT just because it appears that a large portion aren't listening we can not
give up the RANT (opps that's Education) because unfortunately that
threshold of individual 'pain' differs with each End user. However as more
and more have to rely on a PC in their work environment the more sensitive
those end user will get and the lower the point of 'pain' will become.

Sanford Reed
(V) 757.406.7067