Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The home user problem returns

From: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene () datapower com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:39:56 -0400

YES!!!  And the fact that there are groups that are working hard at
maintaining that
anonymity bothers me.  I know that there's always the
concern about Big
Brother, or
worse and far more plausible, abuse of any large scale
trust/authentication systems
that get setup in the future.

?!  <Paul makes Scooby Doo noise> ?!

I fear that you and Marcus have mistaken privacy for anonymity.  Just
because something isn't transparent end-to-end, doesn't mean
it's anonymous.

Yahoo ordered to share reporter's e-mail

SEP. 10 7:20 A.M. ET Yahoo had to comply with a demand by Chinese
authorities to provide information about a personal e-mail of a journalist
who was later convicted under state secrecy laws and sentenced to 10 years
in prison, the company's co-founder Jerry Yang said Saturday
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8CHC32G0.htm