Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Re: Ethics, morality and the industry

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:55:50 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Mike Smith wrote:
The speech really had nothing to do with security or crime or reformation.  I
overheard people afterward saying how moved they were by his presentation.
Some people I spoke to were aware of the pre-show controversy about Mr.
Abagnale's appearance, and most seemed to agree that the protesters and
boycotters had missed something valuable.

If I was wearing my cynic hat, I'd comment that most con artists are
remarkably good at finding the chinks in peoples armor - like the
sentimental attraction of thinking that a person would only turn to
crime because of a troubled family life, and that the "love of a good
woman" would keep them on the straight and narrow.

Sounds like you bought the line though.

cheers!