Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NAT Pseudo Security

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:19:25 -0400 (EDT)

one of the main tenents of security is the approach of layering in
security, not relying upon just one application/package/approach, as
security is a wedge or afterthought addon, it was not and remains not
something built into tcp/ip.  Thus, relying upon one method or layer of
'protection' might not fully protect the assets at risk.  NAT iis but one
method or layer, and should be reinforced with additional measures to
protect the assets being guarded.  Also, NAT alone will not protect your
neighbors should your systems get trojaned or hit with the latest flurry
of nasty-mail viruses floating about.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne