Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: NAT Pseudo Security

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:43:37 -0400

Of course, within the context of appliances and/or embedded firewall
devices, I can name at least two widely deployed brands that still ship
with a Linux 2.2.x kernel.  Only one of those is actually using
ipchains, though.

I guess my point is don't assume that vendors run the latest technology
just because it's available.  Most of them like to keep R&D costs to a
minimum, which means using a technology for as long as possible.

PaulM