Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: How to Save The World (was: Antivirus vendor conspiracy theories)

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:33:48 -0500

Devdas Bhagat wrote:
Well, that sounds like a call for volunteers. Editorial nominations
please? Or maybe the ex and current moderators get nominated as editors
(if they are willing) and we can send the best threads, rants and quotes
of our choice to them for filtering and compiling.

When I started firewall-wizards, my intent was to pull the "best of"
aside and link them into a site, etc, etc. It just didn't happen that
way because there's too much material. Also, what you'll find is that
one message will contain a mix of clue/non-clue information. I
wanted to start editing messages down to individual paragraphs.
And then, I realized that I was leaving out everything I didn't
agree with....  OOPS! :)

I suspect that editing this trafic into something worth preserving
would be a massive task. For starters, you'd have to actually
READ IT ALL. In the correct sequence. Maybe someone who'd
like to could distill it into a book. "The Firewall Wizard's Book of Rants" ;)

...but I've already read it. from the beginning... :)

mjr.